Jaydan goes to Cross Fit and is pretty stinking strong. Tonight we went to a competition that he participated in and I got light headed just watching him. He lifted 75 lbs over his head 10x and then had to pull himself up on a high bar to his waist 2x and then repeat. I think it was for 10 minutes...maybe 7. I'm not sure how many times he made it through each repetition but I think it was 5 or 6. I'm so impressed with his strength and endurance.
Jaydan wanted to me to join Cross Fit since my friend Suzie goes. I don't want to. It's expensive and I don't want to spend my time doing that. Suzie's niece owns the place and she doesn't have to pay since she also takes a few turns in the nursery a few times a week. It's a great past time if that's how you want to spend your time but right now I'd rather be with friends socializing.
I couldn't help but think about an earlier conversation at book club. Susan had to have her shoulder repaired and the other ones needs to be too. Her doctor and her were talking about her life and what she has done that could have caused the damage in her shoulders. Ummmm......hauling hay, riding horses, yard work, water skiing, hunting, snowmobiling are all things Susan has done over the years. I know all these things can be good for you but they can also be harmful. I'm thinking at my age strength exercises would be great but lifting probably not.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment