Friday

Wise Gals Book Club

Today I hosted Book Club and had it at my house.  I decided I wasn't going to stress about the food.  I made Chicken Crack and we had sandwiches and since I remembered Susan can't swallow bread I had crackers and plenty of veggies that she could have with the Chicken Crack.  I also had grapes and a cupcake.  It was simple but filling.  Shanna goes all out and I decided to just be me and keep it simple.  Now I hope that the others won't feel pressure if they decide to have Book Club at their house instead of going out.  I liked going out since everyone could order what they like and can eat but I like the coziness of having Book Club in someone's home.  No one is as rushed and we are able to visit and share with each other.  We talk about health issues.  We talk about spiritual things and we talk about books.  We started today at 11:30 and it went until just after 3:00.  Shanna was happy because that's the kind of book club she enjoys.  I have to agree with her. I prefer to be together for a few hours too.

I love hearing others report about their books.  I really love listening to Susan.  Susan can sell a book because she remembers so much and is able to share such good points and details.  I really admire that in her.  She shared things about the book I took for her to read "The Lion and the Lamb" and now I need to read it again because I couldn't remember some of the things she shared.  I really learn a lot from these "wise gals".  Belonging to this Book Club has been really good for me!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

How did your crack turn out???? YUMMY STUFF HUH?

Dawn said...

YES...it was great! Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe!