Friday

Paid for Being Me

 
After enjoying a fun lunch I needed to go to SLC to get an axle for Larry.  I meant to take his truck to lunch so I could just leave from there but I forgot.  I had to drive home and get his truck and so I asked Kimleighel to go with me.  The traffic was crazy on the other side of the freeways, those heading North.  It was thick and slow for a long ways.  I was glad we were heading South and I prayed that all the congestion would be gone when we headed back that way.  For the most part it was a lot better but it was still kind of slow.  It took us three hours which was a little longer than I had planned on it taking but not much.  We were still home in time for Kimleighel to have her Movie Night with her friends.

Larry and I went to dinner.  I really have a hard time eating again after going out but I like leftovers so I don't mind.  Plus, I'm not going to turn down a date with my Honey.  We went to Olive Garden and it was yummy.  I ate a little salad and lasagna bites that are meant to be an appetizer.  That was good enough for me.  We got to sit in a corner and we were glad because it was a busy place and we liked being out of the way.  A young couple from out our way were getting seated and they hadn't seen us and so Larry threw his cloth napkin at the cute wife.  It was funny.  We shared our thoughts about their cute family with them when we were leaving.  I think it's good to let others know the goodness you see in them.  Sharing kindness makes the giver and receiver feel good so it's a win, win situation. 

Our driveway was full of cars when we got home.  Sixteen people had come to Kimi's movie night.  I was happy to see so many support her.  I guess we had some guests here until 3:00 am.  I didn't hear them.  Everyone was suppose to bring treats to share but we didn't see any.  Larry decided to run to the store and get some Pop and chips and I made some popcorn.  I also brought the cookies over to the bar so they were available.  I think the kids appreciated the treats because a lot got eaten.  I know Kimleighel did too.  I want to give Kimi credit for cleaning up so great.  No dishes were in the sink this morning and the bar was cleared.  She put everything away and there weren't any signs of having a group of friends over at all.  I hope she does it again.  I love having kids in our home!

0 comments: