Today was a day to ponder and to count my blessings. In the afternoon I received a text from a Sister Long in Alaska. She was helping Jared return his tablet that is broken. I thought that he had returned it while he was in Provo but I guess not. I was feeling so grateful for good members that are willing to take their time and help my son. While she was texting me I received a cute selfie of her and my cute missionary and his new companion. Boy did that make my mama heart happy! Instantly tears of joy flowed from my eyes. I love seeing my cute son's face. It just makes me happy. I love how the Gospel united us all no matter where in the world we are. We are One Big Happy Family! I love that and love being a part of it. I know this Church is the True Church. I love all the love and support we all give each other. It's such an awesome feeling.
Scott and his family were enjoying a movie together and I'm really glad that they didn't answer their phone. There wasn't anything anyone could do and at least they enjoyed some family time together before all this.
I had plenty of time to think and ponder tonight. It was really hot and so I went and sat in my car with the air conditioning on. The thought came to me that God allows things to happen. I know He could have prevented this but He allowed it. I also know that He knew it was going to happen and made sure the family wasn't home. He does guide us to safety and always blesses us with the strength to get through our trials. Erin had just backed up their computer a week earlier....I don't think that was a coincident. There were other tender mercies and I witnessed so much love and support from their neighbors and family. Things like this bring people together. Things like this help bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior as we lean on them for support and comfort. No matter what the trial there are always so many valuable lessons to be learned. One big one is that God knows and loves us. He blesses us through others and that's a good feeling.
I loved visiting with Scott and Erin later and admire their positive attitudes. The girls were awesome too. Good things will come from this, I just know. God Bless Scott, Erin, Mallory, Hayley and Brittney. This cute little family will remain in our prayers while they rebuild their home. We sure love them all.




1 comments:
So so sad!
Post a Comment