Monday

Gratitude Tea

We had a Gratitude Tea Party at Carla's today and it was fun.  We all brought a treat to share and as we enjoyed our hot chocolate and Russian tea (wassail) we shared our gratitude with each other.  It's cool to share gratitude and it always reminds us that there is so much more to be grateful for. Saying or writing the things we are grateful for is kind of powerful and more thoughts of gratitude always appear.

I shared some of the experiences I had at limitless and we did the Angel Walk.  We took turns closing our eyes and walking down the little line of friends and listening to each other whisper our individual strengths in our ears. I think this is a great activity.  It just makes you feel good to have your greatness acknowledged.  It even makes you start to believe in yourself.  It's just awesome!  I'm going to write down what I remember and put it in the little book that Carla and I got for everyone.  We just got a folder and put plastic sleeves in them so we have a place to save the fun that we have together.  I made a picture collage to slip in the front.  I'm going to put the letter that everyone wrote on last year in it too.
I love November and how so many people focus on their blessings.  I think it's the perfect way to prepare for Christmas.
When everyone left the Gratitude Party, Carla and I stuffed the pillows that we are giving the girls at Special Needs for Christmas.  We stuffed them and sewed them up and got them bagged and ready to take on Dec. 1.  I feel a relief!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

That was such a fun tea! Thanks for all you did to make it happen! Glad we have a fun group of sistas!