Saturday

Visiting Cemeteries

 I picked my mom up at 10:00 am.  We loaded my car with lots of flowers and we headed to the cemeteries.
Our first stop was the Ogden Cemetery.  We have many loved ones there.  We started on the East end and visited the grave of my cousin Roxanne and Larry's grandparents.  Larry's Great-grandparents from his mom's side are here too.  The Muirs are on the North side and everyone is there except Grandma Lowe because she is at the Hooper Cemetery.  I had a "feeling" that my mom's old neighbor Opal was right there and sure enough she was just East of the Muirs.
We had a lot more family on the West end.  We had to go ask for directions to find my dad's sister, Cleo.  We were so close in our search but that cemetery is huge and easy to get off.  My dad's parents and  two sisters are in the Ogden Cemetery but my dad is at Washington Heights, and another sister is at Memorial Gardens.  I collaged them all together. ☺  I thought of my sweet friend Davaleen who is also at this Cemetery.
Our next stop was Evergreen Memorial Park where my brother in law, Ken Friesen is.  I like the Angel Statue in that cemetery.

Next we headed up to Huntsville.  I'm not sure the connection to the Michelson's but I think it might be my dad's mom's side.  My dad's friends, Clarke and Barbara Olsen are there now as well.  I remember playing at the Olsen's and loved going to visit them.  That is one of the enjoyments of today.  My mom and I reminisced and shared many wonderful memories of our family and friends that have passed away.  We took a little break at this point and got a sandwich to refuel.
We went over Trappers Loop and since we were right there we walked up to visit Dave Jones resting place.  I wanted to show my mom.  I love the peace felt at the cemeteries.  Seeing all the flowers and the beautiful blue sky with fluffy white clouds today was the perfect setting for remembering and honoring those that have graduated from this life.

Our next stop was the Memorial Gardens of the Wasatch.  My dad's sister and husband are there as well as some of my mom's neighbors.  That is also were my friend Gina is.  The last stop was Washington Heights were my dad is.  My mom has a lot of friends there as well. Our adventure ended about 2:30 pm.

I enjoyed the time with my mom today.  I just felt really good inside. I am so thankful for all the wonderful family and friends that have enriched my life.  I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories that still make me smile.  I'm thankful for those who names I only recognize because I know they were important to my parents.  I'm thankful for a weekend set aside to remember and honor all those that have passed.  I'm thankful for everyone who has fought for the freedoms of our Country.  They are not forgotten but Remembered and Appreciated!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

WOW! You visit a TON of graves !!! I only go to one! I need to be more like you and actually visit everyone's!

Dawn said...

I usually only go to Hooper but my mom needed a driver this year. I liked it though.