We had cupcake wars for our activity tonight at Special Needs. Really it was more of a decorating competition. It was simple and the girls seemed to enjoy themselves. Many of the gals finished quickly and so we had each gal show their creation to the others and we all clapped for them. This would be fun with a smaller group and to use decorating bags.
Virginia asked me if I had brought wet wipes? Well..No I didn't think we would need them. However Rachel loved this activity so much and was eating all the left over frosting and anything else she could get her cute stubby hands on. Her cupcake was gone so fast and even when Virginia was trying to get her to go wash her hands she was scooping any little crumb left on her plate. She was hilarious and I'm glad she loved our activity. Most of the cupcakes were similar since most of the treats were being used on all the cupcakes. Amy only used chocolate chips on hers and Vonna made a sun. I thought those two were the most unique.
I was laughing after the activity to myself. I am such a simpleton...go with the flow kind of gal and didn't even think about having anything else planned to go with this activity in case we had more time, which is why we had everyone show their cupcake to the others..that took time. Wanda was a much more organized President than I....bless her heart!
Tonight was our last class activity. We will now focus on the production that will be presented on May 6 & 7. The next weeks after that will be our testimony meeting and closing social. I wouldn't mind serving one more year. I really want to take the girls to the Heber Valley Girls camp and we almost have a date for that the summer of 2017. After that I would be okay with being released but I wouldn't complain if I was asked to serve longer. Serving the Special Needs is very rewarding.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment