Oh My Word....I love my book club! We have made so many fun memories over the years. I continually learn from these brilliant ladies. Sometimes they even learn something from me and today that happened. (I can't remember what but it happened while we were talking around the little island) I always look forward to book club and I'm glad that I can attend even if I don't read a book. I am trying right now really hard to finish a book I borrowed two months ago (I borrowed two and am still on the first). I have noticed that when I try to read in the evenings its as if I just attached a huge family magnet to me. No matter where I am my kids and hubs finds me and I am certain they do not even notice I have a book in my hands and that my eyes are focused on the pages because they all will just talk to me as if I don't. Last night Larry even came into our room while I was sitting on the bed reading and he just talked and talked to me, then got ready for bed and turned off the light. He never noticed once that I was reading! It's funny and frustrating. I am determined to get this book read this week. I really do love to read and I guess I need to read in the mornings when everyone is gone. I just like to get things done first thing in the mornings though and would rather relax in the evening. Oh well....I have learned to be flexible over the years and it's just time for me to adjust and change my time up a little I guess.
Our lunch to day was delicious! I ate way more than I should have but all those flavors were just so yummy! We all pitched in and brought things for our yummy salad.
Our gift exchange is always so much fun. We all give to each other and then we exchange white elephant gifts. Loretta brought us all back some homemade earrings from Africa and a cute Hippo figurine. Kathy gave us all cute Reindeer soap dispenser that I put mine right by my kitchen sink. Susan was super creative and got us all a dish washer and dryer. (dish cloth and towels) Suzie helped a friend make hard tack candy and we all got a jar of that and a cute apron that went with the little book she gave us last year. She had the book for a few years and wanted to get or make us all aprons but it wasn't happening and so she ended up just giving us the book anyway. This year she found such cute little aprons that went perfectly with her story. Shanna found cute bags that fold up and fit in a little bag that will be great to have in the car just in case anyone needs a big bag for carrying things. I gave everyone aloe infused, fuzzy, Christmas socks.The white elephants gifts are always a favorite part of our party for me. These ladies can get pretty creative. Kathy was a little disappointed that the gift she ordered to bring had not made it yet. She came up with something else though and will ready for next year. Susan got the gift Kathy brought and it was a bell that sing ring for toilet paper, and some decorated toilet paper. I hope Kathy likes Justin Bieber because she got an album and magazines of him. (Loretta came up with that) Loretta got some Coal and an Angry Birds game. (Susan's gift) Suzie and I ended up with each others gifts. Suzie became a Sweet Santa with her candy beard and fuzzy hat. I have a little squirrel and nuts to go along with the crazy, busy holiday when we all might feel a little nuts.
It was a super fun lunch and party. We did talk about a few books but Susan is the only one that brought one share. Shanna ended up borrowing it and I know I will want to read it to if I just finish the others first.
I had to leave so that I could go get my hair colored...the gray was shining through too much!




2 comments:
Sounds like a riot! You have a lot of FUN groups of peeps! Not sure how you hit all the parties, but it does sound like December is a party month for you! Actually, EVERY month is a party month for you! You make everything a party!
Thanks Jodi! Party On!!!
Post a Comment