Friday

Little Acts of Kindness make a Difference

The last week I have been getting some nice texts from some of my friends....let me just say that they make me smile and they are greatly appreciated!  I think Julie must have set a goal or something because she is sending me a nice text every single day.  They are nice and loaded with compliments and expressions of love!  I have prayed over and over that they aren't tender mercies....I hope Julie is healthy and fine and still has many years here to be enjoyed.

Then yesterday while I was visiting with my nieces (Alexi and Shay) I was sharing with them how Larry had been prompted to call their dad before he was made Bishop.  Larry knew that he was suppose to tell Mark that he was proud of him for staying active in the Church and raising his family in the Church when he hadn't been.  He was suppose to compliment Mark for all his goodness.  Larry knew that before he knew Mark was going to be a Bishop.  It HIT me....Heavenly Father was using Larry as His mouthpiece!  Even though Larry thought those same exact things, those thoughts came from Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost who "prompted" him!  Heavenly Father does that but often we don't recognize it.  I started reading the texts Julie sent me as if Heavenly Father were saying those things because I truly feel like Julie was Prompted to text me and say the things she did.  She is really good at listening and following her promptings.

I love how truly involved Heavenly Father is in our lives.  I hope and pray that I will know what He needs me to say and do for His children!  I know there are times when I am following the "spirit" and doing those things that I am prompted to do but I also know that I am probably missing way to many.  I guess that is something that I will work on being better at....listening to and recognizing the promptings I get and to follow through with them.  I really do what to be an instrument for Heavenly Father.

0 comments: