We have a hard time getting together with these two. Sue text me last week to see if we could go out with them. We were busy the night she asked and so I told her when we were available which was Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess those days weren't good for them and she asked about Saturday. We were planning on going to Kamryn's cheer recital and told them that we could about 7:00 since the recital was at 5:00. We were on our way to the recital when Sue called to see if there was anyway we could meet earlier. While I was talking to her Kevin tried calling and when I didn't answer he called Larry. We were informed that the recital was actually at 7:00 and they had misunderstood. Well....that made it possible to go with Alan and Sue earlier but then we weren't sure about Kam's recital We took the tickets over to Kevin so that someone else could use them. (Gramps ended up going) Maybe that wasn't the right choice but at the time we felt it was. Julie and Kevin knew we had planned around the recital when we thought it was at 5:00 and had we known it was really at 7:00 earlier we would have planned to go even earlier with the Winters. Oh well....we know we aren't going to make everything all the time and we will just do our best and not beat ourselves up about it when we miss.
It was fun visiting with Alan and Sue as always. We always enjoy each others company. I think we are going to be planning a little get away with them again soon. Maybe even a trip to Captain George's Seafood Buffet in Virginia unless Larry can sway them to going to San Francisco for fresh seafood instead. I enjoy hearing about their kids and their successes. They have a few Doctors in the family and a few pharmacy guys doing different things. Their kids are all doing really good and I'm sure that is because Alan and Sue spent so much time with them. They are great parents. I sure do love these two and I'm glad that we were able to spend a few hours with them.
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment