Friday

A Wonderful Rainy Day

What a cute couple Kay and Warren are!  I'm so impressed that they have been married for 40 years.  These days that is a big deal!  Kay and Warren attend the Special Needs program and I have fell in love with them.  Kay has a heart of gold but tries not to let others know that.  I think that her gruff appearance is a cover or protection for how she has been treated in life.  She has had some hard times but has got through them and seems so happy with Warren and her cute doggie, Cocoa.  I am not going to be able to make their Celebration and since Kay wasn't feeling good enough to go to SNAP last night I decide to go their house and visit them and to take them a little gift.  I think it made them both happy....it made me happy.  I gave them a picture of Christ and a few cute mugs with straws and treats in them.  I just wanted them to know that I was happy for them and that I love them.
I invited Carla to run with me just so we could enjoy each others company.  I know she doesn't mind meeting my friends and enjoys an out.  Carla is so sweet and is always giving others gifts.  She brought me a cute frame today and I am going to print our picture and put in it.  I love it..."God reaches out to us through the loving heart of a friend."  So true!  I was glad that I had a little gift for Carla as well.  For visiting teaching this month I gave my sisters cute note books to take notes after reading the conference talks...or for whatever.  I made Carla a notebook to record her blessings.  I was glad I had something for her since she did for me.

We talked about how God does use friends and family to meet our needs.  I have also learned that sometimes he uses strangers.  This morning I poked my nose in my brothers business but feel like I was inspired to do so.  He had misunderstood something and was tired and overreacted to someone that means a lot to him.  As I prayed for him and his friend the "thought" came to me that maybe this little "bump" in the road was so that they would know just how much they mean to each other.  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that there are lessons to be learned from every experience.  I found it interested after talking to my brother that I had posted this on face book before I even knew he was having a problem.
There really is a bright side to everything!  Satan however would love for us to think otherwise.  He is mean and nasty and wants us to be miserable. He whispers lies in our ears until we hear him and start to believe him.  If we are unhappy it's because we are listening to him.  Satan doesn't want us to be happy and so he will try anything to stop us from being so.  My brother has made such great changes in his life and Satan knows the good things that are happening and that will continue to happen and tried stopping them.  I told my brother that when I realize Satan is behind the "bumps" I know I'd better continue on the path I was on.  I posted this on face book after Bennett and my chat:
"have you ever noticed when you have a lot of good things going on in your life a "speed bump" usually appears?  It's because you are going in the right direction and "someone" isn't happy about it.  Don't let those speed bumps stop you from being happy.  Work your way through or over them....find that happy again."  That's how I feel....Look for the Bright Side and focus on all the Good Things Happening! (don't give satan another second of your happiness)

0 comments: