Saturday

So Much Good....

Barbie came across a Conference with Meg Johnson, Hank Smith, and John Bytheway all speaking together.  She mentioned it to me and I told her I would love to go with her.  Every single one of those speakers are wonderful and together they were fun and fantastic.  Each spoke of different trials and how them or others were able to get through them.  One thing that I liked hearing was that we should be honest and write down our trials and how we work through them.  Our kids might not have any idea that we have the trials we do and they could learn from them as well.  The way we get through our trials is very likely to help someone else get through theirs.  (I have always thought that)
A few highlights from each speaker....
John~HeeHaw...that's good, no that's bad scenario.  There is good in everything if we look for it. *John's kitchen burned but the good thing was they got a new remodeled kitchen and carpet around the house and new paint.  He also shared a quote by Joseph Smith Jr about little's passing..."The Lord take many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrow and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as the are delivered from evil and we shall soon have them again."
*Meg~A person starts to live when he lives outside himself....service!  When Megs brother was begging the Lord to allow him to suffer instead of Meg after her accident he heard: "what gives you the right to take away her challenges?"  Sometimes we try to interrupt what the Lord is teaching a loved one.  SMILE ☺  A "Smiler" appears to be more beautiful and competent.  You need to smile first and then you will feel happy....the feeling comes after the smile.  When you smile...everyone cares!  It rains on all of us...create new realities through service.
*Hank~"Laughter is no enemy to learning...Walt Disney"  It's our choice not abilities. Thomas Edison was losing his hearing but he noticed that by losing his hearing he was able to concentrate better.  Thomas's building was burning up and he told his son to go get his mother because she would never see a fire like this again.  He also said that the fire burned up all their mistakes and they would be able to start anew.  It's okay not to be happy all the time.  Being Faithful and Being Happy are different.  Don't allow your heart to be hardened by Hard Times!
I feel like I never get enough of hearing inspiring talks by good people.  I love being enlightened more and more and I really do think I am able to apply the things I learn.  I don't allow myself to get too overwhelmed like I use to.  I just try to apply a thing or two at a time but love hearing it all.  I love that Barbie and her girls shared their day with me and even gave up a better lunch so that I could ride with them.  We stopped at Einsteins Bagels so it would be fast since I needed to get home.  I love these ladies and each of their goodness and strength.
I got home in time to go to Ivy and Zaden's dance recital with Larry and Kimleighel. (we only had 3 tickets) I'm so glad that Trichelle and TJ saved us seats.  I knew the place would be packed and it was.  Ivy and Zaden both danced so well. I was so impressed with them and they both looked like they enjoyed themselves and had fun.  They made this gramma's heart and face smile.  Raising kids requires so much sacrifice and when you see them happy and having fun it's all worth it.  I admire each of my children that are now parents.  They are doing such a good job and have such great kids.
I loved looking down the row and seeing the wonderful families of my grands.  It made me smile to have everyone right there together.  These three daddies will forever be in our lives because of their beautiful children and I am happy about that.  I love and admire each of them so much.  They are all good men with wonderful hearts.  (I adore Martha and her boys too...just more family to love)

0 comments: