I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. We had our closing social for SNAP tonight so we can ready for the camps that will be here soon. (July) I was called last week to be the Young Women's President (or President of the girls) I knew it was coming but still felt a little anxiety. Part of the anxiety was from the responsibility of being the President. I prefer being a counselor and not being the one over something. Another part of the anxiety came from thinking that after a year I could be released from the SNAP program and I am not ready for that yet. I shouldn't worry about that I know since I have no control over it. I just love serving in this wonderful program and I know it's where I am suppose to be right now. I do believe that Christ is in charge though and so when I am suppose to be released I will feel okay with it.
I love how easy to please the Special Needs participants are. They appreciate everything we do for them. I appreciate them! I had a ward from Hooper volunteer to help us out with our Carnival. The women leaders were going to do the games and booths but when The Park Ward mentioned that they would like to do something with the SNAP group I suggested they do the games. They were willing and did a fabulous job. We had some Booths set up for them so it "Looked" more like a carnival. The weather forced us to do it all inside but it turned out great. The cultural hall in the Church that we meet at is HUGE. The Park Ward brought decorations as well as the games and it was so fun. The participants enjoyed themselves so much. I loved that I was able to go around and visit with the people and take pictures. The young women who were helping seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. It really turned out perfect and so fun.
The guys were in charge of the cook out and food and there was plenty. We had so many come and enjoy the night with us. I thought we might have set up too many tables but they filled up. (we had 12 big tables)
When I was talking to RaAnn the Young Women President of the Park Ward she mentioned how lucky I was to enjoy these people every week. I totally agree! They have such wonderful spirits and are so full of love. One of the gals that likes to give me a hard time and who I think can be annoying told me she loved me. I was busy cutting the cakes and she came over and softly said it. I told her that I heard her and she pretended that I was crazy. It meant a lot to me and reminded me that I should express my love for others better....because it feels good to hear those three little words...I love you!
The camp director came tonight and we discussed camp a little. I'm excited and I know it will be so much fun. Our theme is based on the Wizard of Oz and "No Place Like Home". Wanda, Virginia and I volunteered to each give a little talk each day. Wanda is going to talk on Courage, Virginia on Knowledge and Me on Kindness. I have Wizard of Oz Costumes and so we are going to do a photo booth. My mind if busy thinking of how we can make that cute...only because Wanda suggested we actually make a booth. I was thinking back drop...and maybe it still will just be a back drop but it will be a cute one. The leaders all need to bring extra games and things for the gals to do. These gals don't care for free time like the Young Women in other wards do. So....we will have plenty of activities for them.
Because I have been called to serve as the President my mind is already thinking of things or people to help us next year. I hope to get others involved in our program. I think other wards are blessed as well by rubbing shoulders with these sweet people.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment