Tuesday

we'd be friends

The last few days I haven't felt so good.  I really haven't felt like getting out unless I really need to. I sound worse than I feel. In fact I sound like I have a frog in my throat or maybe like an old man.  I'm sure others wouldn't appreciate me being around them.  I went bowling yesterday because I was asked to sub for a lady.  Today I would have gone to the Temple but really don't think sharing what I have with others would be so kind.  So, instead I have found myself sitting at the computer more and reading about others and their adventurous  lives.  I love the blogging world and the people you meet that you don't really meet.  I love how reading about others inspires me.  I wonder when others read about my life are they inspired.

It's fun reading about how others celebrate and do things.  The traditions they make and the fun memories they are keeping by writing it all down..blogging.  I love the feeling of really knowing some of the people I follow.  I feel like I know them.  Some are really good writers and express themselves so well and the pictures....some are really good photographers.  Sometimes I just go on their site and look at the pictures when I don't feel like taking the time to read the things they wrote.  Their pictures speak for themselves.

I know if I met some of the people I follow that I don't really know that we'd be friends.  I feel it...our souls are connected.  We believe in the same kind of things.  Family first and loving life.  Being Creative and Sharing with others.  I wonder how many people we really do influence without even knowing it.  The few ladies I caught up on today have no idea I follow them....and that I love them and their darling little families!

I was fortunate to meet one gal years ago that I followed and we were instantly friends.  She knew very little about me but I had read much about her.  I met Heather when Cindee (my wonderful friend) told me about this girls blog.  Cindee knew that I would love her blog and her.  She was right.  I followed Heather's blog for quite awhile without ever commenting.  Then one time she asked us followers to send a recipe card with a little about ourselves so that she would know a little about those following her.  I thought that was fair enough and sent her my card with a picture of my family.  Then I started commenting.  It's like...heck...now she knows me a little too...I can comment.  I was really drawn to Heather and suggested after some time that we meet for lunch.  Our first lunch lasted 3 hours.  Heather is just a few years older than Trichelle but I feel a great friendship with her.

A few years ago Heather invited me to be on her committee for the Festival of Trees.  I did it because it was her.  I'd do anything for Heather.  I love that Heather shares special moments with me and that I am remembered when she sends out cards and invitations.
I'm thankful for the people in this world that do so much good and influence many without even knowing it.  I'm thankful for the influence they have had on me!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

That is one thing I miss most about my past bloggy world. I used to follow and read so many blogs and then Facebook happened and I just didn't have time anymore AND most of the bloggers I followed also stopped blogging and got on facebook instead. But I do go and find those old bloggy friends and try and catch up periodically as well. I am like you and love reading about other people's lives. I sometimes wish I were invisible so I could just lurk and learn from them without them knowing. Send me the link to this gals blog. I'd like to check it out sometime! I love following your blog! You are so inspiring and uplifting no matter what is going on in your life! I'm missing you and we need to squeeze in a lunch sometime!

Dawn said...

This gal doesn't blog anymore...she turned to facebook too :D Her dad use to be the YM General President years ago when I started following her. :)

I love reading your blog too....I know we NEED to get together!

Dawn said...

Monday is going to be great! I'm going to be better

Dawn said...

You could follow Heather on FB...her name is Heather Dahlquist Smith..you will love her! She's our kind of gal!