Monday

Fun Day with the Birthday Boy


The last few days Jared has asked me what we were going to do on his Birthday.  I really hadn't thought much more than taking him out to dinner but he kind of mentioned that he wanted to go to Cabela's since he had a gift card there.  I thought that was a great idea.  I checked him out of school at his lunch and we went to lunch.  He chose Jimmy John's.  Then we headed to Cabela's.  My favorite part of the day was listening to my son chat and chat.  He talked to me the whole time down to Cabela's and back.  I loved hearing everything he had to say.  

He had a gift card but only bought the blue plaid shirt.  Jared is very conservative.  He really wanted a hoodie but didn't want to pay $50 for it even though he had more than enough money.  I admire him for that.  When we got home Larry asked why he didn't buy ammo for his gun.  Probably because I wasn't any help in knowing what kind or how much.  I told Jared he needs to get one of his brothers to take him down next time....or his dad.

We made it home in time to pick up Kimi from work and then leave for dinner.  Jared chose Red Lobster but even when he was thinking about going there he was concerned about the cost.  Pretty sweet and thoughtful but on birthdays you get to go where you want.  I love Red Lobster because I don't get that heavy, full feeling.  I wasn't very hungry and so I just ordered the coconut shrimp.  Larry and Jared both got the Ultimate Feast and finished it all.  
I really enjoy celebrating my kids on their birthdays.  I really enjoyed this day with Jared and I hope he will remember it as well!  Sweet 16 fits this kid to a "T"!!!

***On the way home there were a few accidents that slowed down traffic.  The Holy Ghost reminded me that I had prayed for safety going and coming home.  He also reminded me that Jared and I left the check out line even though we were next to go look at something he had missed.  I was also reminded that I had to go to the restroom again even though I had just went not long before.  We ended up being another 30 minutes before we left.  Say what you want but I think we were protected by getting out of line from being involved in those accidents on the freeway.  We are loved and protected....so true!

0 comments: