***On Monday I went over to Larry's before I went to meet Jodi. I was walking out and Cindee spoke to me. I went back in and she asked me if I was going to lunch today. I told her I was and that I sometimes feel a little guilty for being able to play so much these days. She was so awesome and told me that it was important for me to play and spend time with others....that it was a good thing. I felt a huge relief after hearing that. I think Cindee was speaking for Heavenly Father today. I have been concerned and needed to hear that. I know that this time is just a "window" in life. I know that it won't be open forever and I need to enjoy this time while I have it. I don't need to feel guilty...I have worked hard over the years and still do and the things I do are good. Thank YOU Cindee for stopping me and telling me those things!
***Wednesday I went to lunch and the play with Susan and Kathy. I love that when Susan talks about doing something she gets right on it and does it. She had heard that Mary Poppins was playing at the Hale Theater and was really good. She asked Kathy and I if we were interested in going. Of course we were....we love our fun memories together and were eager to make more. Make more we did! Holy Cow it rained just about the time we reached the Theater...it was actually hailing and was really hard to see. We were stopping for lunch first and need umbrella's so we didn't get soaked. I looked around Kathy's vehicle and could only find a few garbage sacks. Actually Susan got a grocery bag to cover her head and me and Kathy shared the garbage sack. She said I was hogging it...☺ (that only makes the memory better right?) We had a great time and laughed and reminisced while we enjoyed a yummy lunch.
The play was superb! I loved it! It was fun and bright and upbeat. The acting was all really good. I loved the children...they were so cute. I couldn't help but keep a close eye on Bert...he was played by one of Heather's favorite guys....David Smith. He is really good! I loved all the songs and music. I just loved it all! I am so glad that Susan planned this and made it happen. I am really glad that I was invited. I love making memories with Susan and Kathy. Always a lot of fun!
***Thursday I met Tammy and Teresa for lunch to celebrate my birthday. We met at Maddox since it was close to where I was. I love these cute friends. Tammy seriously makes me laugh and brings out the witty side of me. (many do) We laugh a lot when we are together. Teresa is more reserved and just observes and snorts when she laughs. She's so dang cute! We have to pry information from her...she's not near as open or talkative as Tammy and I. We always have great conversation. It's fun but also spiritual. We share a lot with each other. I love being able to talk about spiritual things as well as fun things. It sure was fun....I appreciate my friends that enjoy celebrating with me.
***I enjoyed a little more celebrating on Friday. The "Hooper Honey's" got together to celebrate mine and Kari's birthdays. We are exactly one month apart. We both thought we were so much older than the other and really it's me that is just a month older than Kari. It was fun celebrating together. With our group we could celebrate every month starting with May but it's kind of hard picking a day that works for everyone and so this year we have doubled up on celebrating. It's fun either way and I really enjoyed sharing this day with Kari.
These ladies are wonderful and so kind. I'm not sure how I got so lucky to be included in their group but I am very thankful that I am. I love how everyone adds so much to each others lives. I love how we are all so different but also so similar. I love how we are all so caring and thoughtful of each other. It's so nice to have others praying for you and there for you as needed....we all have our times when we need that. I really do feel the love of these wonderful friends. They build me up and help me to be better. Life is so much better with wonderful friends!
***after attending the Temple Open House Larry and I went to the Toomer's house and made Root Beer Floats. Lawson and Sydney had an open house there since their reception was far away. It turned out nice and Larry and I were happy to be of help. I'm so glad Mallory asked me to help since she is always helping me when I need it. It's nice to be able to help back.
***after the open house we ran over to Vicky Jones to say Hi. Little Tately answered the door and I asked her if she remembered us. She looked at us for a minute and then lit up and ran to me and jumped in my arms. What a cutie. Vicky wasn't home so we visited with cute Bridgette for a few minutes. Tately couldn't get enough of Larry and kept calling him grandpa...she didn't want to let him go. It made us both tear up a little. We passed Vicky when we left and turned around and went back so we could give her a hug. I love Vicky...she is pretty amazing. We only stayed for a minute because Vicky was busy getting ready for her dinner group to show up for a pool party.









0 comments:
Post a Comment