Saturday

The Temple is the House of God

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Temple!  I have missed the Ogden Temple while it has been remodeled.  I really didn't think my visits to the Temple would slow down since the Logan and Bountiful are still close and we even have the Brigham City Temple now too.  Sadly....I haven't attended as often as I thought I would.  I realize how spoiled we are.  We live by so many Temples and if I have to drive a half hour I hesitate on going.....spoiled!

I loved going to the Temple today with my family....or at least most of them.  Justin got to help at the Temple and he took his family through earlier.  He told us some really cool things about the temple that he learned while he was serving there.  Example...the carpet wasn't printed but cut by hand, the ceiling was hand painted by women, the marble has a certain number of pieces.....I thought the Temple was beautiful!  I can't wait to wander the halls again and run in there first thing in the morning after the family is gone to work and school.

I felt the spirit many times throughout our tour.  I felt it immediately when we first started off with a little video about Temples and why we have them.  The spirit continued as we walked around.  I loved how Kimleighel expressed her feelings about the temple.  She told me that she feels so safe there.  I agree....I feel safe and loved in the Temple.  I remember a time when I was afraid at home and wasn't sure of some of the things happening there....we had some "visitors".  I felt like most of our visitors were good but I also think we had a few that weren't.  I was confused about their presence.  I prayed a lot and found myself yearning to be in the Temple where I would be safe.  Another time I remember being really confused and really being tested....the Temple is the place I turned to for peace.  The Temple is where I have gone to feel unconditional love and acceptance.  The Temple is very important to me.  The covenants I have made there are serious to me and I love the little things I continue to learn by going to the Temple.  I know I only get a small part of all that is really there but it's okay for now because I am blessed for the things that I do know.  I am so thankful for Temples and that I am worthy to go the any Temple any time....such a blessing!

I'm thankful for my family.  I love that they love the Temple too.  The Temple is a place for families.  I love that worthy people ages 12 and up can attend whenever they want.  I just think that's the coolest thing ever.  I remember getting to go to the Temple only a few times as a youth.  The youth today can go any time and are even involved in finding the names of people to take with them. (to do the work for them)

"I love to see the Temple.  I'm going there someday, to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.  For the Temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.  I'll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty.  I love to see the Temple.  I'll go inside someday.  I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey.  For the Temple is a Holy Place where we are sealed together.  As a child of God, I've learned this truth; A Family is Forever."

0 comments: