We went camping out at Willard this week. We were excited that the North side was open this year because the North side has trees. We didn't register the boat this year because the water was low and we had a lot of medical bills so instead we took our kayaks to play with. We got to the camp ground and was a little disappointed because they didn't have hook-ups for our trailer. We thought that there would be since the South Marina had hook-ups. We got over it pretty quick and enjoyed that we were so close to the water. I had a really good view from my bed. It was easy to take the kayaks to the water and so it turned out great. We did find out that the campground just barely south of where we camped do have hook-ups and so next year we will probably go there.
I like camping at Willard because it's still close enough that Larry can go to work since he used all his vacation days being sick with his kidney stone and having surgery on his ankle. It's also nice to be close so the other members of our family can come and go too. Most of our kids came and visited at least once while we were there. Kevin and his family came a few times. Trichelle had to work and so she didn't make it. We enjoyed the visits from our kids. I took advantage of being so close so that I could leave for lunch a few times. It's nice having older kids that I can leave.
I really like the closeness we have while camping. Life is simple for a few days. Me and the kids sleep in or at least lay in bed for awhile and only get dressed when we feel like it. We eat simple food so preparation and clean up are easy. We play lots of games together. We talk and listen to each other more than when we are home. I read Heaven is Real to Kimleighel and Jared and they loved listening to me read to them. (I need to finish the book with them now that we are home. We kayaked together and one night when Braxton and Kelsi came up Braxton and Jared caught fish with their bare hands. Braxton is always adventurous and is really good at making memories. We enjoyed the grands and loved seeing their cute faces.
Almost every night it stormed. It really stormed! The trailer shook and it felt and sounded like it was going to blow over. We really felt sorry for those with tents. It rained hard just about every night. I was glad though in a way because it cooled things off. We were so close to the other people camping that we could smell their fires and heard their songs around the campfires. It didn't annoy me (it did others...some even called the camp hosts to tattle) I just smiled and enjoyed the happiness that others they were having with their families.
Getting away and not having to do anything for a few days is really nice. I really enjoyed being with my kids and hubby. I enjoyed living simple for a few days.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment