Friday

Gobble Gobble

This year I hosted the Ropelato Thanksgiving Dinner.  Darinda and I take turns and have done so for many years.  I like knowing what to expect from year to year. Before we started taking turns I always felt so uncertain of what to expect on Thanksgiving....I love knowing where our family will be and who we will be celebrating with.
We had a pretty good group this year and we enjoyed the whole day together.  The first to arrive came around noon and the last to leave was after 11:00 so it was a long day filled with lots of love and food. The weather was nice and the kids loved playing outside.

I love how the Holidays bring families together. It's a time of year we do take time to visit with our loved ones.  Shari and her family came from Pennsylvania to spend the Holiday with us.  It's so fun seeing them.  Jared and Cameron can't get enough of each other....so great seeing the love between cousins.
It was a fun day and very little stress.  I did get a head ache about a half hour before anyone showed up and I did get a bit upset when I went to get something from a cupboard and things had been shoved in there and were a mess.  I growled and shed a few tears and it was over. (the headache meds kicked in quick) The rest of the day was wonderful....

I'm Thankful for everything little thing I have and enjoy.  I am most Thankful for Family and Friends and the time we get to share together making memories.  I am Thankful for a Loving Heavenly Father who is the source of ALL blessings....not the Universe or anything else....our Blessing our from Heavenly Father....every single one.

0 comments: