Friday

Ropelato's + Coy's = Fun

Our Thanksgiving Tradition has been altered and adjusted.  Sherwood Hills was sold and isn't a place for families anymore.  I think it's a correctional center of some sort.  I couldn't believe it.....didn't they consider us families that came every year (like 20) for the Thanksgiving Weekend?  We even use to get the same room for many years.....so sad.  I didn't know how we would adjust but Tonya's family came up with a great idea.  We would plan Fun around here.  Having our families together is the important part.

We went to breakfast in Roy and those who could come did.  It was all decided just a few days earlier and so a lot of us had other things planned already but that's okay.  We usually just have suggestions and those who want to participate can.  (Larry and our boys were fencing so the cows won't get out)
After breakfast we met at the Bowling Alley in Roy and to our surprise we were the only ones there for a minute or so and then others came.  More of my family showed up to bowl and we all had a great time. I like bowling with our families.  It's so fun seeing everyone improve and have a good time.  I enjoy seeing everyone visit and get reacquainted. The little's don't see each other often enough to remember each other but it never takes them long to renew their friendships with each other.

We then went to our house.  It was suggested that we rent a church but our house has enough room and is more cozy.  The guys went out in the field and shot skeet.  They were gone for quite awhile. Those of us who didn't want to shoot were just visiting and having a good time.  It's so nice having a day set aside especially for our families.  We have so many good memories of our Thanksgiving Tradition.  It's a favorite of mine!
When the guys came back in we had soup and snacks ready.  More visiting took place as we ate.
After we cleaned up from eating we played some "Minute To Win It" games.  Amity brought everything we needed and took charge.  Right off she made Tonya and I captain of teams and made us choose teams. Tough Love....she called it!  How do you pick?  I hate picking teams because I always worry about hurting someone's feelings.  Tonya and I decided quickly between ourselves to choose the youngest first and work our way up.  It worked out fine and I don't think any feelings were hurt.  The games were so fun and we all laughed and had a great time.  I think my team ended up winning by one but it didn't matter.  We all had a fun time.  I told Amity she should save her ideas and we could repeat them in years to come.  It was fun watching everyone participate and have a good time.

Then we put a movie on for the kids and those who wanted played a "Quarter" game.  You needed $3 worth of quarters to play.  It was fun but I think instead of quarters we could use penny's or candy.  (I don't like losing money....however I didn't mind seeing others win....so it's all good...it's just $3....unless you provide 6 others with their quarters)  It was fun.  Playing games together is always so much fun and we have learned some really fun games over the years.

I'm glad we didn't let this tradition slip away with the selling of Sherwood Hills.  I hope that getting together with the Coy's will continue for many years....like forever!

What a fun few days....very long days but loaded with lot's of fun, laughter and love!

1 comments:

amity said...

it was really so much fun!! thanks for hosting! we absolutely love hanging out with your family!! my kids have the fondest memories of sherwood but it was a lot of fun to just hang out and visit at your place. thanks for being so wonderful to us always!! we love you so much!

ps. can i get a copy of my families picture? i could really use it for our family calendar this year!! you can email it to me at amitymock@msn.com. thanks!!! love you!!