Monday

Build Me up Buttercup

That "title" just popped in my head...so there it will be.  Build Me up Buttercup!  When we are having a hard time it's nice to have friends to tell that will love us and build us up.  Today a little bit of that was done for Davaleen.  Dave had been on my mind and wondered if she was okay.  I knew that her daughter had been giving her some problems and since I haven't heard from her much I thought I'd better check.  Good thing I did!  Some unpleasant things have happened and she needed some friends.

I was a little late because I forgot a "Sunshine" Bag for her and I knew she truly needed it.  I text her to tell her I'd be late because I had to turn around but I'd be right there.  Funny that the thought had crossed her mind that I might have a treat for her!  Good thing I did...honestly that has happened before...someone thinking that I might be bringing them a treat.  I don't think that is a coincident..I just don't.  

We went for breakfast since Davaleen works in the afternoon.  It was a great way to start the day.  So much better than walking in the cold temps we are having and freezing my bottom off. (if it would freeze my middle off...I'd go no matter how cold)  I love that Kathy lives close and likes to go too.  It's fun spending time with her and I know that it helps her health issues by getting out.  Glad we are all able to bless each other.  Friends are such an important part of my life....I'm glad I have such wonderful ones!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun! The hot cocoa looks YUMMY! IF that is what that cup full of cream is underneath anyway! hehe
Glad you could be there for Dave! Still wishing I could have made it, but just grateful you were there for her. You are one amazing woman Dawn! Always there for everyone and always in tune to know who needs you! I hope to be like you in THAT way someday!

Dawn said...

The Hot Chocolate was yummy... You are so kind Jodi...thanks for letting me know that I am doing something right! I appreciate it! :D