Thursday

Scattering More Sunshine

Today I remembered a Sunshine Bag as I headed to Logan with some friends to meet another one of our friends for lunch.  I knew there was going to be someone to share it with.  We had ordered our lunch and a young mom with a few kids came in to order.  I knew she was the one.  I wasn't paying much attention to her for a minute or so and she left.  I was feeling kind of bad that I hadn't given her the Sunshine Bag because I knew when I first saw her she was the one to receive it today.  It wasn't long and her and her kids returned.  I didn't waste any time this time.  I went right over to her and gave her a Sunshine Bag.  It made her smile!  I know it will make her smile even more when she opens it up and reads the cool quotes.  She had her arms full (literally) and I know how wonderful that feels but also how stressful it can be.  I'm glad I was able to share with her some of my Sunshine today.  (I totally give God credit....He's the one that gave me the idea and whispers to me who needs them...I'm just the lucky messenger)
***just a little side note...the next day (Friday) I passed a guy on the Corner of 1900 W and 5600 S in Roy.  He had a sign that said homeless veteran.  He had a dog, and backpack and was listening to something with his headphones.  Anyway I didn't have any cash to give him (I seldom have cash) and so I looked at him...smiled ☺ and gave him the peace sign.  He returned the smile and peace sign to me and I seriously got chills.  The chills lasted for a few minutes and I wondered if I had just exchanged a smile with an angel....it was such a small gesture but it sure meant a lot to me.

2 comments:

cheloni said...

Hey Dawn that girl looks familiar I think this is her blog inevergrewup.net

Dawn said...

thanks!