Last night I was talking to a friend. Some how the conversation turned so that I was admitting to
being rebellious. I'm really not rebellious it's just that "I am who I am". I was told when Larry was made Bishop that people would be watching me and expect more. That's not fair! Because of that awareness I purposely started drinking drinks with caffeine. I guess I thought if I put it right out there for others to see that I am just a normal person they wouldn't feel like they needed to look deeper for my weaknesses. I think it worked. I believe I have been accepted for just being me. The reason I wanted to write about this is because everyday I do try to be better. I am always trying to improve who I am and my actions but it is not because I am a Bishop's wife, or my parents child, or my children's mom.....it is because I am a daughter of God! (all the other reasons help and do influence my choices too) My life is between me and the Lord and it is what he thinks about me that matters. He knew why I chose caffeine and he accepted and loved me anyway. He also looked past the caffeine but instead of looking for my weaknesses He saw my strengths and showed them to me so I could strengthen them even more. I am a better person than I was five years ago. Each of us should be because we are all children of God!
I have learned a lot about who I am. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me. I am a mother to seven wonderful children who also love me. I am the wife to a great man who strengthens me and loves me. I am a true friend and I care about everyone. I am human and will always make mistakes and have weaknesses.....that's reality!
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment