I love celebrating my kids birthdays! I love thinking about them on their birthdays. I have such great memories of each one of my kids....they are each my favorite. This weekend we celebrated with Trichelle and TJ and Kevin and Julie. We take each of our kids out for dinner on or around their birthday. It's a special time to visit and spoil each child individually....that is until they get married and then we celebrate their spouse with them.
On Friday we took Trichelle and TJ out and had a great time with them. I love the individual time and always look forward to it. I marvel at my kids and how wonderful they are. They teach me so much and I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey with them. The difficult times were few and well worth going through. (I need to remember that right now with Kimi & Jared...it will be worth it...it will be worth it)
Saturday we enjoyed being at the Temple with Whitney Winter and her great family to witness her marriage in the SLC Temple. What a day of reward for the Winter's. We have always loved each of their kids and love seeing them grow and succeed. Not many were invited to witness the sealing and so we felt very blessed to be there. Larry was a witness which was really special. Whitney has always loved Larry. When she was a toddler and Alan was the Bishop, little Whitney would find Larry and come sit on his lap. ☺ Larry had the privileged of being Whitney's Bishop when she had some struggles. Those times are priceless. It was so much fun celebrating with them. We even went to the Wedding luncheon which was a little too good....and we ate a little too much. Needless to say we weren't very hungry when we took Kevin and Julie out for their birthdays that evening.
I thought I would be able to fake being full and at least eat a salad and some soup. Nope....I couldn't even eat my salad. The luncheon filled me beyond full and I didn't have any desire to eat anything else. It didn't really matter though. Kevin and Julie enjoyed their meals and we had a great time visiting with them. Kevin and Julie had realized that Saturday was exactly in the middle of both their birthdays and so it was the perfect day to celebrate them. They told us that the papers are being started for Kevin to adopt Kamryn. We are so happy about that. Kamryn is Kevin's and should legally have his last name.
Larry found a few cute little wood plague's with perfect sayings for these birthday kids. Trichelle's said: Mom is a title just above Queen, and Kevin's said: We interrupt this marriage to bring you the Football Season. I thought it was cute that Larry saw those plagues and thought of the kids...it doesn't happen all the time. 9/9/13




0 comments:
Post a Comment