I pray to Heavenly Father for friends and He blesses me with friends. I pray that Jared will be safe while he is lost in the mountains and He blesses Jared with safety. I pray for my family and friends to be blessed with safety and good health and we are blessed. Whatever I pray for God hears and answers my prayers. He always does!
I also pray that I will do His will. What can I do for You Heavenly Father? Well He told me about 6 months ago to give one of my friends (that He has blessed me with) a Book of Mormon. Oh wait.....really you want me to give my friend a Book of Mormon? This friend will think I am judging them....that I think they aren't good enough. They might even think that I think I am better than them. Really Heavenly Father? Isn't there something else....like take a neighbor a treat....or tend someone's kids.....or something I am comfortable with? I could even tell them how much You love them....would that work? But please help me to do thy will!
How crazy is that but how real is that? I just realized that I do that. I feel bad that Heavenly Father can't depend on me like I do Him. He doesn't specify what I can ask Him to help me with. Well today I did take the Book of Mormon to my friend. My eyes were opened to how my prayers have been conditional. I will help you Heavenly Father as long as I am comfortable with it.
I had a good chat with Heavenly Father about this situation today and I feel good. It is Him that I want to please. It is Him that I can't make it through this life without! This was just a test for me and even though it took me six months to do~I did it! I hope that I will recognize His Will and respond to it quicker in the future. I want Heavenly Father to know that He can count on me like I do Him. (that's impossible I know but I can do better.....a lot better)
I LOVE Heavenly Father! I love that He is patient with me! I love that He forgives me for making stupid mistakes! I love that He trusts me to eventually do His Will! I love that He comforts me when I feel sad! I love that He will always give me another chance.
***just a little note.....I went to see my friend a few days after giving them the book. It was so cool to see how much receiving the book meant to them. They touched it with a reverence and my friend held their hand over their heart and couldn't describe how they felt. I was touched. I let them know that I had no idea that they would even appreciate it at all but that God did! God just knows and we should trust HIM more!
Thursday
His Will or Mine?
Posted by Dawn at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
you are truly an example of a Christ-like person and someone i hope i can emulate my own life after. thank you for always being an example to me and my family!! i love you and i am proud of you for listening to the still small voice and following our Heavenly Father.
on another note, is there really only 14 days until jayden's two year mark? is he coming home then? if so i look forward to seeing him and your family soon.
Jaydan is actually coming home the 27th :) He will speak the 29th!
Jaydan is actually coming home the 27th :) He will speak the 29th!
OH and THANK YOU Amity my sweet niece for you comment!
Post a Comment