Tuesday

I Believe There Are Angels Among Us

Today I had a wonderful day that reminded me of how much I am loved.  Teresa came over and helped me clean up my computer a little.  She spent a few hours with me just because she is so nice.  I sure appreciate my friends and their gifts.

Carla called and wanted me to help her bag her pampered chef party.  I love doing that, I love opening up boxes and sorting through things.   After we sorted the orders we just visited.  Kimleighel had gone with me and we chatted for over an hour and it was just nice.  Carla and Kimi both needed to vent a little or at least express themselves.  I'm good with that and usually have things come up and out too.

I got a text from Kathy some time during the day asking me if I was home and so when I got home I text her that I was.  I thought it was kind of strange because usually if someone asks that it means they want to come over.  We had just gone out with Kathy and Matt and so I was stumped.  Later that evening Kathy came over.  She was so sweet and shared with me a quote that she had read the day before that made her think of me.  It was a positive quote and that made me feel great.  Then she said that while she was in the store and passed some chocolate she thought of me again.  It hit her that I she had thought of me two days in a row and so she bought me the chocolate and brought it over!  Wowzers.....that act of kindness sure made my day.  (chocolate always makes my day)  But, really just knowing that someone was thinking of me because of good things was awesome and such a gift.

When these kind of days happen, I can't but help think of Heavenly Father and how He is blessing me through my sweet friends.  I realize it's a two way deal and that some how I am also blessing them.  I love how it all works.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Dawn, I don't think you realize the impact you have on SO many others. You are so amazing yet so real and I think that surprises people to see someone that is actually so sweet but not fake. I know of NO one like you that is always reaching out and making everyone feel special. The funny thing is we ALL think WE are your favorite! Not many people can do that. I'm so glad you got some yummy chocolate. You deserve that every single day! Love you friend!