Wednesday

Hello From Alaska

I got another text tonight from an unknown sender.  It said: "Hello from Alaska!  Just met your son who is a complete star!  We are so grateful for him!  Michael and Jill Liem."  HOW COOL IS THAT?
It's very-very cool...that's how cool it is.  I love that people are so thoughtful.  I was told that the people in Alaska would take care of my son and it's happening already.  I feel so blessed to have him there.

I thanked Jill and found her on Facebook.  We are now Facebook friends. ☺ After I thanked her for being so thoughtful and taking the time to make my momma heart happy she replied again..."Thank you so much for supporting your son on his mission!  He looks really well and is such a lovely young man.  We are lucky to have him her!"  Well I think I am lucky that he is there.  This is my only son that stayed in the states and the first time I had people send me pictures.  I really like it!  I know that things have changes since our first son went and it is easier to find people and communicate...I'm so thankful.

My heart bursts when I know that my son is with someone that is texting me.  I just feel a little closer to him some how.  People are so wonderful.  I know Larry did this kind of thing with the Sisters out here and so maybe that is why we are having these things happen to us.  Next time I have the opportunity to take a missionaries picture I am going to and I will send it to his mom.  It's the little things in life that make a huge difference! ♥

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Greatest thing when they serve her in the states! I only had one and I got regular phone calls from members and it was great to hear them say such nice things about my son. You can also send packages! Lots and lots of packages! A luxury I missed with my others. Well, we did but they usually never received them after we paid $100 to send!
Too bad I couldn't have hooked up with your Elder while in AK!