Today our Daughters of Pioneers Group went up to Robin and Durks cabin at Bear Lake. These women are so much fun. The drive both ways went fast because there was so much chatting. I did a lot of listening. I learned a lot but can't remember it now. haha The water is so high this year. I couldn't quite get over how close it is compared to a few years ago. It was so pretty just sitting at the table and looking out the window. I had the best view from the cabin. It was a little chilly outside and so I stayed in. We had taco salad for lunch and it was yummy. Then some of us shared a treat that was suppose to remind us of our childhood. I told them all about Honey Comb and how we would always get it when my grandma Bessie came to visit. I love it because of that memory. I didn't go get any and so I shared some banana cookies I made. I am pretty sure my yummy banana cookies will be remembered by my kids and grands.
We played a little game where we showed one of our scars and told a few stories about how we got it. We made up two stories and one was real. It was fun listening to everyone tell their stories. I was pretty good at knowing the true story but will admit I was wrong a few times. We have a few good story tellers in this group. I fooled a few ladies too so I might be one of them. Most of the stories were true but not the reason for the scare. It was fun and we laughed a lot.
Kim Vaughn shared some stories that he has wrote with us. It was fun listening to him. His stories were of his life and so they were interesting and great. It was a really fun day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment