I can't believe this day has come! I'm excited and we have all looked forward to it since Jared was born but to have it here is like a dream. There is so much going on in life and right in the middle we are sending our baby off on his mission. I get a little teary thinking of it but my tears are not of sadness. My tears are from joy and happiness. I love missions and what they do to my kids. I love what they do to me. The kids all joined us for Jared's setting apart. The grandparents all came and to my surprise Tony and Lexi did too. Larry knew having them there would make me happy...he was right.
President Jones asked me if I thought Jared would be a good missionary and why. Immediately I was consumed in tears and had a hard time talking. YES....Jared is going to be an excellent missionary because he is humble, obedient, kind and has a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Larry said about the same things and said that he had just read those qualities from Jared's Patriarchal Blessing. (I hadn't read the blessing) President Jones also felt very inspired to focus on those same thing. The Priesthood was also included. Jared will use his Priesthood to bless the lives of others....he already has. The best advice from President Jones was "Don't compare yourself to others!" Being the youngest in our family, Jared and done that on occasion and it has not been good. We all know that we always compare our weakness to another's strengths. We always come out the underdog when we compare. Great advice because Jared is pretty darn wonderful and cool just being himself. He's awesome!
We all came to our house after the setting apart and had pizza....lots of pizza. It was fun being together...it always is.
Everyone said there good-byes tonight which made it a whole lot easier. These kids are going to grow a lot while Jared is gone. Mya will be getting ready to join the Young Women. Parker will be taller and more creative and Macie informed me that she will be 5 when Jared comes home.
Jack will be the size of Sadie when Jared comes home. Sadie will be talking up a storm and helping Jack and her parents.
I don't suspect Jaydan will change much but hopefully he will have added to our family. Gramps should be the same since he doesn't change much. Kimi's hair might be different and she might be in someone else's arms.
Behr will almost be 4 and will be chasing Sadie like he does now. Ivy will be ready to start her last year of Jr High and Zaden will be even more crazy and fun.
Kamryn will also be getting ready to join the Young Women. Jordyn will be starting school. The twins will be as big as Jordyn is now.
Who knows...we might even have another little or two. I do know that life will go on and we will all grow in many ways. We are excited for this time of life and for Jared. I really love having a missionary because it does good things to us all. Our focus is better and my testimony is always strengthened as my missionaries share what's happening in their life.
President Jones advised Jared to hold my hand all the way to the MTC and he gladly did. I think all my kids would have. I realize that is a blessing. I loved our time together Wednesday morning. We kept talking about all the good things and focusing on the positive. We went to eat at Village Inn in Centerville so we would be close to the Airport when Trichelle and TJ landed. Jared didn't seem too nervous and ate a lot. He is really such a mellow, calm kid. Carla was with us but didn't want to be in pictures. She came so I didn't have to drive home from camp by myself or back up by myself...she's thoughtful like that. Larry was ready to drop Jared off early but I didn't want to. We still half an hour and I wanted it. We went and got gas and while we were gassing up Carla bought Jared a few treats to take with him. She told him that if he ever needed anything to just let her know because she will spoil him.Our drop off wasn't bad at all. I know Heavenly Father was watching out for us. We had a good distraction. Jacob Draper from our Ward was filming "drop offs" today at the MTC. He films for the church and we were sent to where he was. (we could have been sent to the right but sent to the left) The Elders receiving Jared were so cute as they stood and smiled their best smiles. They took our picture and then we hugged Jared. I was good with the hug but as soon as I went to speak the tears bubbled out. I quit trying to talk and just patted my son on his back and gave him a tight squeeze and moved away for Kimi and Larry to take their turns. I turned to the Elders and asked where they were going. Two are headed for Taiwan and one is going to London. They were a good distraction and then Jacob came over. Larry had seen him and thought it was him but I hadn't. He told us that he filmed us and that we needed to sign papers across the street. Jared was being taken away but Jacob called for him to come back so he could also sign papers. That was it....super fast and not bad. I keep making sure that my thoughts are positive and where they should be and it's working great.
Carla is the one that cried on the way back to camp. She just learned that her daughter's little family won't be moving back to Utah for a few more years and her heart was broken. Hopefully she learns to keep busy and focus on other things. We teach each other a lot. Only 364 days! ☺









0 comments:
Post a Comment