Saturday

Boating/Dinner

We took our boat out for the first time this season today.   We thought we should so that Jared could enjoy it one last time before he left for his mission.  I can't believe the time has come to send my son off but I am excited for him.  I'm excited for everything that he is going to experience.  I love what missions do for all of us.  We are all made a little better when we have a missionary out.  The missionary grows up so much and really gets to know Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  I can only teach my kids so much and God knew that .... these two years are the ones that God really teaches them.  That very thought makes sending missionaries out so wonderful.

Back to boating....we had a great time.  Braxton, Kelsi and their cuties came with us.  We still have Zaden and Behr and they were a riot to take.  Behr loved everything about boating except getting back in the boat once he was out.
Jared wake boarded first and then Braxton did.  It's so fun watching them.  I know they really enjoy it.  Braxton did a flip coming back over the wake and even though he made it all the way around he crashed when his board hit.  It was awesome though.
Jared had a good ride on the tube and then Kimleighel and Behr joined him.  Zaden got to drive the boat completely by himself and did a great job.  Grandpa was right there just in case.  Sadie doesn't love boating too much.  She's so adventurous but not so much when it comes to boating and water.  Braxton held her and jumped in anyway.  Sometimes I do think you need to "strongly encourage" the little ones to face their fears so they know that really it isn't that scary.  Jack was just chill.  He is such a good baby.
Gramps took Larry, Jared and I to dinner.  He wanted to take Jared one more time before he left for his mission.  These two are such good buddies. Gramps helped us a lot with Jared throughout his life and the bond between these two is pretty cool.  I've heard Jared refer to gramps as his best friend.  We went to Ruby River and Jared ordered King Crab...the kid loves seafood which is a good thing since he is headed for Alaska.

Everything was nice about today!

0 comments: