Yesterday morning a received a "surprise" call from Jared. I was so excited. It was so great hearing his voice. He was just getting ready to board his flight to Alaska. He sounded great. He shared a little secret with me. He told me that he really didn't like his first two weeks in the mission. I would have been surprised if he would have. Missions are a big change. I knew that studying everyday and having someone around you 24/7 might not be his favorite. He told me that it was all good though. I realized that my brain is so focused on seeing the good that I was able to read his letters as if he were enjoying everything thoroughly. I told him that too...I guess if he wants me to know he isn't happy, he is going to have to spell it out for me because everything I read between the lines is great.
He mentioned that when he arrived in Alaska that things were very different but that he would get use to it. I reminded him how the other boys must have felt when they arrived in their missions not being able to understand a word of what was being said. I hope Elder Ropelato will practice focusing on the good and manifesting great things. I reminded him to be the very best companion that he could be and if he did he would enjoy his companions.
I'm so excited for Jared's journey. It's going to be amazing. He is going to be amazing. This kid is so humble and kind and is going to be a blessing to everyone who gets to know him. I'm so blessed to be his momma. Man....he's a handsome guy!
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
He is a handsome guy. That bear behind him looks hungry! Hah
So glad he made it safely!
Post a Comment