Tuesday

Sleep Over with the Older Grands

Twice a year, usually around Conference Weekend we have all the older grands spend the night.  We were in Palmyra this year and so it was put off.  Ivy reminded me a few weeks ago that we hadn't had it yet.  I told her that maybe we should wait until Jared left and girls camp was over.  Her and one of the other girls both said "No, we want to have it before Jared leaves."  The grands love Jared and Kimleighel and so it happened tonight.  It worked out good since we have Trichelle's kids this week anyway while her and TJ are in Peru.

These sleepovers are really fun for the most part.  I say that only because there are moments when I roll my eyes and wonder if they are worth it.  I forget that attitudes happen and everyone doesn't always get along until those things show up.  The good thing though is the few little mishaps never last long.   We all have fun and I really think the fun times will be remembered.

Our house was smoking in the morning when I let the older girls make their design pancakes.  Years ago I did them but now the older girls enjoy making them. We just opened a few windows. ☺  I really do enjoy these get togethers even though they aren't quite as perfect as I imagine. ☺   I love my darling grands and I will do things together as long as they want to.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Lucky gkids! You're quiver is getting FULL-er!