I've been busy getting Jared ready to leave. I marked all his shirts, garments and socks with blue nail polish. (it stays on) I stenciled his luggage so it will be easy for him to know which of the black suitcases is his. I think he's about ready.
Today he spoke in Church. I think he did a really good job. Jared is just a sweet, humble kid. He wasn't stressed or really concerned about his talk once it came together. He peeked at his notes a few times to make sure he mentioned what he wanted but he mostly spoke from his heart. I was proud of him. As I listened to him speak I felt such peace and I really believe he is going to have a wonderful experience on his mission. He wants this and is ready.
I wasn't sure who would be able to come and support him since it was memorial weekend and so many people go out of town but there were quite a few of our friends and family there. Not everyone came to our house afterwards but that's okay. There were still quite a few that did and there was plenty of food. I had a lot of friends bring over food. (I have such great friends) Our house was still full of love and support for us and Jared. The only time I got tears was when I looked around the Chapel and saw so many people that are so important to us. I feel so blessed and I know that I am.I love seeing everyone socialize and mingle as we celebrate Jared. I bounced around the room trying to make sure that I talked to everyone.
Today was such a fun day. I love these wonderful times together with family and great friends celebrating the new Chapters of our lives.
our outfits said "kodak moment"






3 comments:
FUN FUN FUN! But also so hard! I didn't know about the blue fingernail polish! Great tip! But I'm done so I won't need it now! hah
When does he leave? Another tip is to put CLEAR fingernail polish on ALL of his buttons. It keeps them from falling off during his mission. Really works!
WHAT DID YOU SERVE? I am trying to decided what to serve for McKay's which is a week from Sunday! I need to figure it out. He wants pulled pork but I always do that and was hoping for something new. Any good salad recipes?
I will check back here for your response!
Oh, and how did you stencil his luggage? Just paint?? What kind? COOL IDEA!
I need to try the polish...I hadn't heard of that. The luggage is just craft paint. For Kevin and Braxton I actually painted on a picture which took time and was harder. When Jaydan left I made my own stencil out of paper and dabbed paint on. It stays forever. This time I had a stencil made out of vinyl which was so much easier.
We served salads and meatballs. I buy the meatballs from Sams and put them in BBQ sauce and Spaghetti sauce. I got a bunch of rolls and had a variety of deserts. I just had everyone bring whatever kind of salad or treat that they wanted. Easy Peasy!
Post a Comment