Friday

Celebrating Crystal

Well I was finally able to take Crystal out for her birthday that was May 3.  She had her daughters wedding that she was focusing on and so it's taken us this long. Actually this almost didn't happen.  We had made plans to get a pedicure and go to lunch and then her other daughter was suppose to have work off and was going to help Crystal with some things.  Crystal actually cancelled on me but called me this morning to see if I had made other plans.  Her daughter was called in to work.  I hadn't except that now I had a funeral that I hadn't planned on. (we thought that there was only going to be graveside services for Robbie)  We had time for a pedicure but had to make lunch quick.

We just went up to T Nails in Roy since it was closer to Ogden where the funeral was being held.  It was nice but I still really like 99 Nails in Syracuse best.  Crystal and I had a good time chatting and being pampered.  We really didn't have much time after our pedicures and so we just went next door to Panda Express and got lunch.  I kind of hurried through mine and didn't up leaving until 2:00 which is when the funeral was suppose to start.  Larry was saving me a place on the back row so I knew I would be okay.

I'm grateful for this friend of mine.  She saved me years ago.  I had gone through some hurtful things and didn't want to invest in friendships anymore.  I just didn't feel like putting forth the energy it takes to have good friends.  I still had plenty of good friends but I wasn't going out of my way to make more.  I was done for a minute.  Crystal changes that.  She invited me to go walking with her and actually wanted to spend more time with me.  We had been friends but because of her we started doing more together.  She brought me out of my funk and I appreciate her for that.

Crystal is such a fun, kind, thoughtful friend.  I consider her and her family...my family.  I love her!

0 comments: