Tonya and her girls planned a big surprise party for Mark since he was turning 60. Tonya told me that he was kind of disappointed when he turned 50 and nothing was done. Nothing was done because he told Tonya that he didn't want a party or anything but really he did. So this big birthday she got on the ball months ago and got things going. I think the girls made up a memory book for him. Our family has lots of memories with the Coys. I have lot's of memories with Tonya and Mark before I had my family. I remember when Tonya met Mark. I often was a third wheel and hung out with them. Thinking back over the years makes me smile. We have done so much laughing together. We have loved and supported each other. Our lives are so intertwined and connected and we wouldn't be who we are without the other. Growing up with Mark and Tonya has been so much fun.
When Mark first came in the room was filled and he had a huge smile on his cute face. I went over to give him a hug and wish him Happy Birthday and he told me he thought Tonya was bringing him to our house for a party. Then when she turned he was sure the surprise party was going to be at TJ Trailers (Larry's shop). But really she was surprising him with a go kart race first before the party. From what he told me he was surprised about the racing even though he still might have suspected that there was more to come.
They had a really great turnout. Lots of family and friends. Mark is truly loved. Larry and I enjoyed visiting with the Coy Children. We think the world of each of them and their spouses. Through Tonya and Mark we have made a few friends and it was great seeing them too. Two of my good friends were also there. Denise lives in their ward now but we both lived in Roy together and became great friends. Jeanne was also there. Jeanne and I met in High School and became the best of friends. We were even locker partners and went on our Senior Trip together. She married one of Mark's friends. Jeanne and Tonya were in my wedding line. So our friendships have lasted a long time. We also love Mark and Tonya's parents and siblings and enjoyed visiting and seeing them.
I love celebrating Birthdays and making more memories. I love the friendships I have been blessed with throughout my life. I am so thankful for Tonya and her family that have become our family. They are the dearest and sweetest friends ever. I love that all the Coy kids refer to me as "Aunt Dawn"....how that makes my heart joyous!
Fun...Fun....Fun!!!
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment