Saturday

Moving Day

Braxton and Kelsi moved this weekend into a much nicer place and in the same ward they have been in.  My job was to watch the grands.  I knew that and had it on the calendar but didn't realize Braxton had the day off Friday.  In my mind it was later and so I planned to attend the funeral of Debbie and LaVerna's dad.  When Braxton asked me if he could bring the kids early I was caught off guard because I misunderstood.  I told him I would not go to the funeral but Trichelle had my back and I she watched the kids while I went and I picked them up afterwards. I love that my family really does watch out for each other and I truly appreciated Trichelle.  I just felt like I needed to go to this one and I was glad I did.

I usually make a nice green dinner for Saint Patrick's Day but didn't think much of it until it was time for dinner.  I made green spaghetti with burnt butter and parmesan cheese.  Sadie's wasn't too sure at first but then decided it must be okay since the rest of us were eating it. That was our celebration this year.
Kelsi brought the kids early on Saturday and we (Kimleighel and I) enjoyed them the entire day. Sadie loved playing outside and I got the weeds sprayed while she played.  I seriously do not like weeds yet they show up every spring.  The weather is nice now and it is wonderful to be outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Even though I wasn't super busy I was tired at the end of the day.  Taking care of babies is much harder than it use to be when I did it all the time. ☺  I was glad I could help out though and would have chose the babies over hauling or unpacking and trying to organize...or clean the old and new place.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

mmmm....... burnt butter and Parmesan? That sounds amazing! I loved browned butter frosting so I bet I would love this!
You are good mama and grandma and always so willing to help out! It looks fun but exhauting!