Friday
Bonneville Buds
When I knew Larry was going to be out of town I got a dinner together with friends from school. I call this group of friends my Bonneville Buds. Some of us even went to elementary school together. It is fun catching up and hearing about their lives. It's funny how we all start out about the same but by the time we graduate our paths are so different. I was thrilled that Jeanne was able to join us this time. Jeanne and I were locker partners when we were seniors and she was in my wedding party. Tonight I was told I am the life of the party. That is all well and fine unless I am getting laughs by belittling another. I did that tonight and as soon as my sarcastic remark came out of my mouth I wished I could have sucked it back in. Immediately I apologized but still felt horrible inside on the drive home. I had made a joke regarding Tami and even though I said I was sorry and she seemed fine I felt like I needed to do more. I considered sending her a text or even a hand written apology but ended up calling her instead. Tami told me she didn't really even hear what I said. Whether that is true or not I wanted her to know that I was at fault and felt horrible. I then told her how much I really admire her. Tami is adventurous, talented and not afraid to try anything. She is always learning and doing new things. She's awesome through and through. Seriously all these ladies are. We are all so different but look at us....we are doing great! I really enjoyed our time together. I love reconnecting with childhood friends. Even if we didn't hang out there is still something wonderful knowing that everyone is well.
Posted by Dawn at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment