Saturday

Celebrating Mya

We had the  privilege of Mya coming over to celebrate her birthday with us.  Natalie brought her after school.  We went shopping first and Mya was really excited to go to Toys R Us.  She was so cute looking at everything.  I think its fun to watch the grands walk up and down every aisle inspecting everything.  I think they are in complete awe at all the toys.  Mya was leaning towards a talking 'toy' parrot and it was even in our cart.  She had been telling me that she was interested in science and so we went down that aisle and her eyes lit up.  I could tell that she really likes science.  She saw a microscope and thought it would be so cool to have it.  I told her that she could get it if she wanted.  She would have to decide out of the parrot or it.  She told me it was a really hard decision but she chose the microscope. I think that was a great choice.
We decided to go to dinner after and she chose Olive Garden.  It was so fun just having Mya by herself.  She is getting so grown up but is still a sweet little girl that loves spending time with me.  I ordered with the thought in mind that Larry would get the rest for dinner.  He was all for it.  Kimi and Jared had things going on and so I didn't need to worry about them.

When we got home Mya got out her microscope and we enjoyed looking through it.  I loved her excitement.  Her family came down a little later and her daddy brought the elk he just shot to show her.  Larry helped Justin give Macie a priesthood blessing since she wasn't feeling very good.  I love that we have the Priesthood.

In the bottom corner of one of the pictures is our statue of the last supper that Larry bought while we were in Italy with the Jones.  Parker thought it would be a great place to hang his hat.  haha I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Mya and I snuggled and talked before going to sleep.  It was fun listening to Mya talk and tell me the things on her mind.  We woke up to a Winter Wonderland...it was Beautiful.
Mya wanted to make pancake art for breakfast and so of course that is what we did.  Mya is pretty creative.  She made her a few pancakes first and then told me not to look because she was making me one.  Do you know which one?  If you guessed the heart you are right.  Oh I love this girl that is now nine years old.
We let Mya stay and play all day.  Larry and I did run to a baby shower together for Mallory's son and his wife and to the store but other than that we were home enjoying this day.  I was happy that our cute neighbor, Kenna came over with her dogs and wanted to play.  Mya was dying to play in the snow.  Jared went out with them and ended up pulling them around the field behind the four-wheeler.  Oh...I love our birthday sleepovers with the grands.  I wonder what they will remember?


0 comments: