Saturday

Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve and cleaned out the garage.  I was trying to catch up my blog but ended up in the garage with Larry and the kids.  We threw away a bunch of stuff.  We had about 4 truck loads to get rid of.  I'm in the mood to simply and get rid of unused things.  Larry makes it happen faster and I know why.  He just piles it all up and dumps it in the field.  I go through things when I downsize and throw it away or DI it.  You can only do so much doing it like me because there is only so much room in the garbage can or vehicle.  Getting things cleaned up a bit sure refreshes the soul.  I had cleaned my room the day or so before and man it's nice.  Cleanliness and order really is good for the soul.  I need to go through more.

Our reward was dinner at Laferrovia.  We knew they were open and had decided that we would go there anyway.  I took them a few caramel apples that I had made for them.  The owners are just such good people and have become dear friends.  We noticed that there was something going on outside and was told that Kokomo's was feeding the homeless and have been for years.  They were cooking right outside and I was touched by their thoughtfulness.  I was touched again when Tim, our waiter came and wished us a Merry Christmas instead of bringing us a bill for our meal.  I got tears in my eyes. Josephina (not sure the spelling) came out and told us that our meal was on them.  I got more tears and told her that we wanted to support them today but she insisted.  What good people!  I'm going to take care of people's meals this next year.  I know that I will have enough to do so and I want to make others as happy as we were.

0 comments: