Ever since Lisa showed me how she does caramel apples, I have been wanting to go to Orson Gygi's. I know that I could probably get most of what I need around Ogden but Lisa likes the white chocolate from Gygi's the most and so I wanted that kind. I looked at my calendar and this week was the best time for me to go. The timing was all contingent on the weather and when it was clear today I decided I was going. I text Carla and she was in. Then I thought I should see if Jodi was feeling spontaneous. Jodi was eager and it worked out great since her Harp lesson was today and she was down this way already. Carla and I picked Jodi up in Kaysville and off we went. This store really shouldn't be this fun but when you are with the right crowd it just might be hilarious. It sure was for us. We walked around the store a few times trying to see everything. We had little carts and they were filling up.
The aisle with the cake pans just might have set us off. It started with the fine apple pans that Jodi found. We all knew exactly how to hold them! ☺ We tried taking a selfie but couldn't get Jodi's pans in and so we asked for help. People are usually willing to help us out. I think we make them laugh out loud. I was giggling so hard. It's all in how you display the pans....oh my! The last one of Jodi with the muffin tin doesn't look as funny until you mention the word "cow"...then it's a crack up! ☺Do you know what's funny? ....... We Are! It's even funnier that we crack ourselves up! I like our company! I love being with others where I can be silly and just be me without holding back. That's exactly why God lead me to these fun girls and a few others that I like to laugh with. He Knew!
There were Chef jackets just hanging there and so of course we had to put them on. I actually kind of liked them. Carla reminded me more of a Doctor...Dr Carla! Jodi and I looked like we could go cook at Kobe's or Teppanyaki's. Jodi found the chocolate. I'm pretty sure her nose led her right to it. I actually bought a bar of chocolate that big a few years ago.
After checking every aisle out a few times and adding to our carts we decided it was time to go. Each of our totals were over.....I decided that I won't share but they were all close and more than I planned on spending. But, heck I have caramel, pans, flavorings, paper cups, sticks, clips, chocolate, sprinkles and everything I need to make some awesome caramel apples for years!
On the way home Carla and I stopped and bought some apples and then we quickly went to her house to make a few caramel apples. We hurried and they didn't quite turn out as pretty as the ones I made with Lisa but we figured out why.....we were hurrying to much. We cut the first one up and it was yummy. Lisa has had years of practice and I had one lesson and so I know we will become good at it quickly.
I had to rush home so that I could go to the Temple with Larry. Larry just started getting half a day off now on Tuesdays and so I think we will be heading to the Temple more often again. Tonight it was the Ward Temple night for the ward he's over and we figured that was a good reason to go.





0 comments:
Post a Comment