My cute neighbors met for breakfast this morning to celebrate Kathy's birth! I'm so glad all of these sweet ladies were born and that we ended up being neighbors. I admire them all so much and learn so many good things from them. I am thankful for Kathy and do count my lucky stars that we are friends. (I gave her a gift that said that) Kathy has been a wonderful friend and one of the first ones I had since moving to Hooper. We have so many fun memories together...all involve lots of laughing. I'm blessed to have these women as my friends.
The hours quickly passed and we needed to hurry out because Susan works in the Temple and Robin had appointments. We discussed the election and expressed our concerns and feelings. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how the cycle is just happening again. We talked about all the good things happening in our world as well. Tonight a new President will be elected and no matter who wins this election the result won't be good. Neither of our candidates are good people yet they are the ones "we" chose. That's a scary thought that we are becoming so desensitized as a nation that we actually voted for these two remaining. (Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump) The one good thing though that I can think of is more people will likely turn to God. We are going to need God more and I think with all the good people in this world more will feel that need and change their lives to follow Him. I think the Gospel is going to flourish and bring peace to everyone that chooses to follow the Savior. That thought alone brings me peace and comfort that maybe all this is just part of the big plan.
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment