This has been the craziest election in all of History! There was more finger pointing and cruelty than ever before. It seriously was a "fight". It seemed that no one was happy with the two candidates for President but the funny thing is that "we" as a country chose them. Both these candidates are strong, opinionated people. They have strong beliefs and would not be swayed. I had a hard time watching their debates because they are also both hot heads and would lose their composure and it seemed ridiculous to me. For most of the campaign I didn't know what to do as far as voting. I never wanted Hillary because of her strong belief in abortion. An innocent child should not suffer the consequence of others behavior and lack of responsibility. Abortion should not be a form of birth control! I think Hillary has so much that is hidden. I don't think she is honest or trustworthy. However, then there's Donald. Donald is about as arrogant as they come. He has confidence though and believes in himself more than most people do. Donald is more of an "open book" kind of guy. What you see is what you get. Not the same for Hillary...she's more of a mystery.
I did a lot of praying and listening. I paid attention to my gut and my spirit. At one point another candidate was brought into the picture and at first I thought he might be someone I could feel good about voting for even though he had no chance of winning. That thought and feeling of this other guy didn't last long. I felt like there is also more to him than we see. I had finally decided I was going to vote Republican which was for Donald Trump.
The media had already chose our President. The media was for Hillary Clinton the entire time and I believe they thought they would influence the people to go that way too. I was like most of my friends and believed that Hillary was going to win because that is what was heard over and over. We voted and waited and then watched the news as the results started to come in. Hillary had the lead. At this point I need to share a post that Jaydan had shared earlier on face book. It said: "the Democrats take an early lead in the votes today, but that should change when all the Republicans get off work." ☺ Funny but that is exactly what happened. As the night progressed Donald began to gain ground. The votes were close the entire night. This was not a blow out by any means. It went back and forth all night but then Trump took the lead. America was in unbelief. The people were making a statement. We as a people want change and change in the right direction. I found myself smiling and happy with the results being shown. I forgot about the negative feelings I had towards Mr. Trump. I really wanted him to win. We needed him to win. The battle continued all night but in the end Donald Trump won the votes and will be our President. It's a miracle! Hillary Clinton fought hard and paved a path for another women to have the opportunity to be the first women President. When I went to bed tonight I can honestly say "My soul felt peace".
My soul was at peace but the country was not! Everyone was so certain that Hillary would win and all her followers were more than ticked. I can't blame them...anyone in that position would have been. But, this country is great because of the people and we need to unite and support each other. It's up to all of us to make and keep it great not just the President.
Since Donald Trump has been elected I have watched and read things about him that make me believe in him. I seriously believe he ran for President because he truly cares about America. Donald is a successful man and knows about business. From the things I read he is also a caring man, and that has never been portrayed. I don't think Donald even cared what was being portrayed. He knows who he is and what he is about.
No matter who would have been elected there was going to be change. I'm glad we wont have to deal with some of the change that Hillary would have made. Standards of this country would have been lowered. I'm hoping that with President Trump the things that were changed by President Obama will be reestablished.
Through it all though, no matter what comes our way, I will have faith in our Heavenly Father and older brother, Jesus Christ. I believe in Them and I know They will continue to guide and direct us. One Nation Under God!
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Well said!
Post a Comment