Monday

Trunk or Treat

The Trunk or Treat is a tradition for our ward!  Dale Widdison makes a HUGE pot of chili and lots of hot chocolate and then he brings it down to our end of the road and sets up.  He serves hundreds and it's always yummy.  I didn't try any this year because Larry didn't want me leaving him and he was giving out candy.  The reason he wanted me to stay by him was because the kids thought he was a clown.  The kids these days have no idea who Raggedy Ann and Andy are.  It was funny.  I love seeing everyone is their costumes and get a kick of so many of them.  Our trunk or treat draws in many people from all over.  There are always so many unfamiliar faces...with out make up even.  I asked one group where they were from and the lady was hesitant to tell me that she was from West Haven.  I reassured her that we didn't care and everyone is welcome.

I love that our kids come down and bring their kids.  This really is a pretty fun tradition.  The line of cars goes clear down the road.  It still only takes the kids about a half hour to go to every car though. I love Halloween and dressing up....Larry not so much but he is a good sport.  He told me that he really just doesn't like not knowing who people are.  I think it's funny and like trying to figure out who everyone is.  I only got a few pictures of some of my favorite costumes and families this year but there were lots of great ones.
I'm glad that a few of the kids were able to make it to the great grandma's for a little visit.  I know it means a lot to them.  Larry and I went alone this year to visit our mom's.  I believe this is the first year we haven't had one of our kids with us.  Kimleighel was with the young adults and Jared was with some friends.  Jared did meet us at Grandma Donna's though since she lives close.  It's a fun night for me!

0 comments: