Earlier this year Justin had suggested that our whole family go deer hunting together. Truthfully I wasn't excited but was on board since he asked. I love doing things with my family but I prefer them to be in good conditions with potties. I really don't like sleeping in tents either and after having a trailer it's hard to be happy in a sleeping bag with everything cluttered around us. My daughters started to back out and I kept hoping they all would. It was a few weeks ago that Natalie said she wasn't going to go and then I was off the hook. Woo Hoo....I was happy that they guys could have some bonding time without any girls. I was really glad that all my boys were able to go. I know they don't all love hunting and actually it was Kevin and Jaydan's first time. I think it's awesome that they made the time. I love seeing them do things together.
It was a good hunt. Friday morning they saw lots of deer. Larry and Jared each got one. One of the deer dropped right on the road and so it was super easy to pick up. Jaydan and Kevin got some shots in but neither were able to drop the deer. I thought that Julie was probably praying that Kevin wouldn't get one...Natalie thought the same thing. Justin and Braxton didn't have tags for this hunt but they said they had a good time. I think there might have been a few times they would have liked to taken the gun and shoot the deer themselves.
Parker had fun and made everyone laugh. He made up a new language called orcma and Larry said he laughed so hard at Parker that he had tears in his eyes. Parker is such a silly kid. He reminds me of Braxton and Justin. He's busy and adventurous. He can be stubborn but his cuteness saves him. He is witty and smart. Since Parker had made up his own language, Larry decided to also. He told Parker that his language started with a Z. So everything you say has to start with a Z. He asked Parker if he understood and Parker quickly responded with "Zes". Oh the boy is fun!
I'm so glad this hunt happened. I'm so thankful that everyone was safe and only had a few bruises after all was said and done. Jared and Jaydan rolled a four-wheeler and were pretty shook up about it but were okay. Jared admitted that he cried and he knew Jaydan was very concerned and frazzled. The four-wheeler actually looked okay...it wasn't but it didn't look too bad. I am thankful for the pictures they took for me. I love being able to see a little of what they did. The pictures are nice to look at and they make me really glad I wasn't there. I love all these cute guys!
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment