Since my mom has got her back yard spiffed up a little she wanted everyone to come and enjoy it with her. It does look nice. My mom made spareribs and everyone else brought a pot luck dish to share. It was a nice meal and it was fun seeing everyone together. The little kids had a good time playing with each other. They ran all over the back yard...mostly chasing Jared. Liam asked me to play Freeze tag with them and so I did for a minute.
I bounced around from chair to chair to mingle with everyone. It's funny we all sit in our own families and I guess that is because that is where we are comfortable. My sister came an hour late and was a little upset that there still wasn't much food. There was plenty though and even left overs it just didn't look like it. Larry teased my sis by taking her plate when she wasn't looking and she did not think it was funny. I think Susan must have been having a bad day because usually she just rolls with the punches.

Most of our family made it. Kevin was sick when he came to get the kids and decided not to come. I didn't blame him. I could tell he wasn't feeling well and I knew that him and Julie were probably tired from the drive home. Braxton and Sadie showed up with the backhoe (he's so funny). They had just got home from the cabin and they left Kelsi home so she could shower and relax a bit. I laughed out loud when I saw the backhoe pull down the street. The streets are not very big where my mom lives. ☺
Susan's girls came but Will and Ryker didn't make it. Hillary lives in Texas and so her cute family didn't make it either but they were thought about. I hope my mom will do this again some time. I like seeing her great grands get to know each other better!
1 comments:
Glad to see you had a fun time with your mommy! Her yard does look nice? Was Carla invited to the Party? ;)
Post a Comment