Wednesday
Relief Society Social
I'm glad this social got changed to tonight. Even though I was watching my cute grands since this was just down the road and my kids were home I was able to attend. This gathering was held in Ashley Droshers beautiful back yard. I love all her trees ... it's a wonderful yard. Heidi, a survivor from the Cokeville Miracle came and spoke to us. I learned that she lived by my cute niece, Amity, until Amity moved. Heidi's daughter and Amity's daughter, Addy are really good friends. Heidi pointed out that when she watched the movie, for the first time ever she saw this event through adult eyes. I imagine that would be hard and I think it really was. Heidi was in the 6th grade when this happened and was able to move on pretty well. Heidi's younger brother who was in 3rd grade has had a harder time. Heidi spoke a lot about prayer. I seriously believe it was all the prayers that saved everyone. This little community had time to get the word out and to ask for prayers. God heard and answered those prayers. When I watched this movie I couldn't help but think of our little situation when Jared got lost. We were fortunate enough to be able to get the word out and have people all over the world pray for our little guy. I truly believe that is why our situations turned out so positive. Prayer really is powerful and Heavenly Father loves us and hears every little prayer we say. I enjoyed meeting with the sisters for a bit....I love the sisterhood we share with each other.
Posted by Dawn at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment