Wednesday

Celebrating Ivy

I love celebrating my grands birthdays!  I can't believe Ivy is already 11 and growing so tall.  Ivy is such a gramma's girl.  I know I am one of her favorites! She is my very favorite 11 year old!  She has always loved coming to our house and still does.  Ivy chose to go to Toys R Us to pick out her gift.  She picked out a craft thing...making window clings.  She also bought some little tiny beads that grow in water.  We had bowls and bottles all over the kitchen as they grew.  The little beads were cool and fun to play with when they were fully grown.  She had a gallon bag full of them.  I always think it's fun to take the grands shopping and to see what they chose.  I love watching them look at everything as they try to decide.  It just makes my heart happy!  It was fun having Kimi go with us.

We stopped at Swigs for cookies and drinks.  We made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner because that is what Ivy wanted.  Ivy loves playing games and we did that while she was with us.  I slept with Ivy on my big air mattress and Holy Moly this girl is wiggly!  We watched Zootopia before going to sleep.  Ivy went to sleep early in the show but that's probably because she had watched the show with Zaden at least six times. I hadn't seen it and so I stayed awake.  We didn't even start the movie until 10:30 pm.

We played more in the morning and then Ivy and I picked up Sushi and took it to her house to share with her mom.

I sure love my oldest grand.  Ivy is so smart and talented and kind and fun!  She's a joy to have around!
Kathy was having a Pampered Chef party and so Ivy and I went up there for a bit. They made Hawaiian Haystacks too and so Ivy enjoyed another plate of it.  Kathy had a Hawaiian theme and in the center of her tables she had brown sugar that looked like sand with sea shells.  I thought it was pretty cute.  Pampered Chef has a lot of cool things but I only ordered a pan to go with a lid I ordered a while back that didn't fit any of my pans. ☺

1 comments:

Jodi said...

You are such a fun grandma! Making memories they will never forget! That is so important!
Oh my I LOVE SWIGS! I crave those cookies all the time. It's a dang good thing I don't have one closer!
I was hoping to make it to Kathy's party but I had been in SLC all day and just didn't feel right turning around and going right back.