Wednesday

Detroit

 Ever since Larry was nine years old, he has been a Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions fan!  He has always dreamed of going to Detroit and watching his teams.  His dream finally came true.  We were able to see two Detroit Tigers games while we were there.  Each night they won and we had a great time.  Our seats were good each night too.  I enjoy baseball and am happy to accompany Larry.  I do not enjoy football though and so if Larry wants to see inside the Ford Stadium where the Lions play he will probably want to bring some sons.  These stadiums are across the street from each other.  Another stadium is being built close and I think it's for hockey...could be basketball.
Our hotel was just blocks away from the stadiums and we could see the field from our room window.  We could even see people walking around the stadium while peering out our window.  It's was a great little get away.  Much more appreciated once we got home and couldn't keep up with everything happening. We had weddings, reception, bridal and baby showers, funerals and family gatherings all the same time.  It was hard choosing what to do and how to make up for the things we missed.  Life away from home is so much simpler.
Detroit City is huge and lots of really cool old buildings right by some big new ones.  We rode the people mover around and few times just to see a little more.

Every now and then it's good to walk away from all the hustle and bustle and just relax.  This trip gave us that!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun! You guys get away more than anyone I know. I wish I could get my hub to do that! I like to travel and he doesn't. :( How long were you on your trip? Is that why you were at Hershey's or was that another one? I will keep reading your posts and find out for myself! haha