Thursday

Celebrating Birthdays

Crystals Birthday is the same as Parkers and we celebrated this morning.  We went to Jeremiahs for some breakfast.  We each got the stuffed french toast.  It was good but we each only ate about half of what they gave us.  I enjoyed our visit.  I have always liked Crystal and I'm so thankful we are such good friends.  She's another friend that I consider family.  Maybe it's because we share nieces and nephews. (Tami and Brent's kids)  Maybe it's because my brother and sister in law are her brother and sister in law too.  Maybe it's because she is just one of those people that mean the world to me.  I do know that I love this girl and I'm so thankful to have her in my life.  She adds so much happiness to my life.
 Parker got to come to our house after school so we could celebrate him.  Kimi and I took him to Toys R Us to find a birthday gift.  I love watching the kids admire everything and then to finally choose.  Parker was pretty quick in deciding and he chose some Boxing Robots.  We had fun playing them when we got home.  He was the blue one and it was easiest to "pop" his head off.  He told me that when he took them home to play he was going to be red because he noticed the blue ones head came off easier. (smart kid)  I enjoy our time with each grand on their birthday...it's so much fun.
I asked Parker what he would like for dinner.  I meant what he would like me to make but he said we could go where Kimi and I took him last year.  We had gone to AppleBee's last year.  I told Larry that Parker wanted to go out for dinner or have me make Quesadilla's.  We went out to dinner! ☺  We went to the Olive Garden though since we had a few gift certificates.  Parker loved it and at everything including the birthday dessert they brought him.  It was fun taking Parker out.

When we got home he went and checked the cows with Larry and Jared.  They found a dead calf. (darn it)  Parker was great about getting bathed and ready for bed.  I heard him tell grandpa Larry "Sorry you have to sleep by yourself tonight.  Gramma is sleeping with me." ☺  Parker and I slept in the front room on the new air mattress I bought.  I love the new mattress.  It makes sleeping in the other room much nicer.

Parker went bowling with me.  It was the last day and I knew Parker would be good.  I didn't realize Kimi would be home with the babies and so I gave Parker the choice to go with me or stay with Kimi.  He chose to go with me even though he knew he was only going to watch.  He was so good and it was fun for me to show him off.

We got awards today at bowling.  Our team took last place but we still got some money.  The first teams for each half of the season also took last during the other season...kind of interesting.  I got a prize for having High Scratch Series.  (that happened a few weeks ago...the one I blogged about)  It was a fun day and we finished in time for me to take Parker to school.

0 comments: