The Ogden Temple is closed for cleaning and so tonight at 9:00 pm Larry and I went and helped clean. I wondered why they have cleaning shifts so late but it's because they are repairing things during the day. The temple looked like a home tonight with cleaning supplies everywhere and vacuum hoses strung all over the halls.
Larry and I and three others were assigned to clean some stairs wells. (4) That included dusting the walls and then mopping them. Cleaning all the brass rails and hinges on the doors. Cleaning all the doors first to get the dust off and then drying them. It also meant cleaning all the marble baseboards and wiping the front side of the stairs and then mopping the stairs. It was a lot of work. We kept moving from one set of stairs to another doing each step of the cleaning check list. It was a great work out and my body held up. I was worried because I was sore from working out the day before and could hardly move. I took some pain reliever and that with being blessed got me through. I really enjoyed being able to help. We were the last group to finish up and everyone got an ice cream cone before we left. We got home just after 1:00 am.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment